Crafted in rugged waterproof leathers and finished with the B.S.F.P.™ motion efficiency system with active rubber lug outsole for superior traction, our Chocorua Trail boot is suited to all-terrain adventures - whether it's a leisurely day hike or a multi-day backpacking trip. The Gore-Tex® membrane will keep your feet dry and comfortable; the removable EVA footbed, padded collar and gusseted tongue provide the comfort you need while you're out in the backcountry. Imported.
- Premium full-grain, waterproof leather for comfort, durability and abrasion resistance
- Gore-Tex® membrane provides breathable waterproof protection
- Adjustable lacing system for a customized fit
- Removable, dual-density EVA footbed, padded collar and gusseted tongue for comfort
- REmovable contoured sockliner for additional underfoot comfort
- B.S.F.P.™ motion efficiency system with active rubber lug outsole for superior traction
The Gore-Tex® waterproof and breathable membrane barrier keeps water out, yet allows moisture vapor from sweat to pass through, keeping you feeling dry.
B.S.F.P. Motion Efficiency System
With each step, your foot goes through four motions - braking, supporting, flexing and propelling, and follows a curved center path of pressure. We aligned lugs along this pressure path and the four motion areas to deliver improved traction and longer wearing performance.
The four motions of your step are:
1) Braking: Lugs on the heel are oriented with the foremost edges toward the front of the shoe to help increase traction when ascending and/or descending.
2) Supporting: Lugs under the arch of the foot increase the stiffness of the outsole between the heel and ball of the foot for stability and support.
3) Flexing: Primary flex grooves are located behind the ball of the foot with secondary flex grooves in the toe area to respond to your foot