Our TrailWind Mid Hiker looks great on forest trails and mountaintops - and it's designed to help you get to the summit, with Green Rubber™ rugged rubber outsoles, premium leather and mesh uppers and a cushiony, compression-molded midsole. Try this breathable, durable hiker the next time you're spending the day out in the mountains or forest - it's designed to accentuate your adventures. Imported.
- Premium leather and lightweight mesh upper for durability, abrasion resistance and support
- Toe bumper and heel piece made from climbing-grade rubber for durability
- Compression-molded EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning and shock absorption for all-day comfort
- Internal TPU shank for torsional rigidity
- B.S.F.P.™ motion efficiency system active rubber lug outsole for excellent traction
- Green Rubber™ outsole made from 42% recycled rubber
B.S.F.P. Motion Efficiency System
With each step, your foot goes through four motions - braking, supporting, flexing and propelling, and follows a curved center path of pressure. We aligned lugs along this pressure path and the four motion areas to deliver improved traction and longer wearing performance.
The four motions of your step are:
1) Braking: Lugs on the heel are oriented with the foremost edges toward the front of the shoe to help increase traction when ascending and/or descending.
2) Supporting: Lugs under the arch of the foot increase the stiffness of the outsole between the heel and ball of the foot for stability and support.
3) Flexing: Primary flex grooves are located behind the ball of the foot with secondary flex grooves in the toe area to respond to your foot